Digital health is a broad, multidisciplinary concept that includes concepts from an intersection between technology and healthcare. Digital health applies digital transformation to the healthcare field, incorporating software, hardware and services. Under its umbrella, digital health includes mobile health (mHealth) apps, electronic health records (EHRs), electronic medical records (EMRs), AI, machine learning, robotics, wearable devices, telehealth and telemedicine, as well as personalized medicine.
Digital Health is a new era in todays’ world. It gives a more holistic view of patient health and enables individuals’ empowerment on the control and monitoring of their own life and health. Digital health provides opportunities for better medical outcomes and enhance efficiency improvement through utilization of new technologies and direct involvement of all key stakeholders engaged in the healthcare process. What is “digital health” and is there potential to reimagine the future of healthcare? Is digitalization the solution that will close the gap between patients and health systems? What is the impact and value of digital health for people? How can digital health transform and optimize the healthcare process? Digitalization is already transforming the biotechnology and healthcare sector and is the next level of the biomedical world, but are we prepared for this step?
By taking part in Biotech Atelier 2021 on the third day of the conference – 1st October 2021, you will be a direct witness of a remarkable session “Digital Health – Supporting Health Through Technologies”.
Experts in the field will present and discuss the concept of digital health, its potential and related challenges:
- Alexander Simidchiev, Digital Missionary
- Andrew Fried, Healthcare and Life Sciences Industry Leader
- Mark Lawler, Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Professor of Digital Health, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences, Queen’s University Belfast
- Sylvia Ilieva, Director of “Big Data for Smart Society” (GATE) Institute at Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”
- Andy Bleaden, Community Director – ECHAlliance (European Connected Health Alliance)
- Ivan Lekushev,Co-founder / CEO of BGO Software – TBC
Right after the panel focused on digital heath, there will be a keynote lecture entitled “Digital Solutions to Healthcare Problems” presented by Dr. Mark Hiatt, Vice President of Guardant Health.
The concluding part of the event will be built up on several different topics putting the focus on the digitalization and digital solution for better health, data and data spaces and success stories in the field of biotechnology:
- Digital Therapeutics (DTx)
- Data Platforms and Ai for Digital Health
- Ex-pat Session: Success Stories
Sign up now and don’t miss the chance to be a part of Biotech Atelier 2021 together with some of the leaders of today and tomorrow in the field of biotechnology, innovation and healthcare.
Participation in the event is free of charge, but registration is required